Saturday, January 14, 2012

about my first trip on an airplane (experienced airline travelers)

about my first trip on an airplane (experienced airline travelers)?
I have a round trip ticket. I'm going on my first airplane trip from Memphis to Washington, DC. I have to land in Atlanta to catch my connecting flight. I need to know if I need to check in at Atlanta and get a new boarding pass to go to Washington. And, will I need to check in again when I get ready for my return to Memphis?
Air Travel - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
When you check in for your departure flight you should receive two boarding passes one for your first flight and one for your connecting flight. You will have to check in at D.C. for your flight home. The most important thing to remember is do I have a boarding pass for all of my flights for today.
2 :
They should put your luggage through to Washington and give you both boarding passes in Memphis so that when you get to Atlanta, all you have to do is find your gate. When you get ready to return, you will have to check in in Washington and again they should give you both boarding passes and check your luggage all the way through.
3 :
You will not need to check in again at connection points. When you check in in Memphis, you will receive your boarding pass for Memphis to Atlanta and Atlanta to DC. You will have to check in again when you fly from DC to Memphis.
4 :
No. Don't need to check in Atlanta for your connecting flight. When you arrive in Atlanta, you just need to go to the gate of your connecting flight. They will give you your boarding pass for your connecting flight in Atlanta when you check-in and board in Memphis. Yes. You will have to check-in again in DC, and they will give you all your boarding passes if you need to connect again when you take your returning flight to Memphis. Have a safe trip!
5 :
Hi There, I am not American but with most connecting flights when you check in for the first time you should actually get 2 boarding passes , one for the first leg of your flight and one for the second. This means your luggage will be tagged as being on connecting flight and the airline will actually transfer the luggage between your flights for you. All you need to do it make sure you pass through all the security points and get on your connecting flight on time. I hope this helps.
6 :
It's all about the boarding pass,If you have a seat assignment on your boarding pass then you are good to go!I assume both flights are with the same airline,if this is the case then you will not have to check in when you get to ATL.Also your bags will make the connection automatically also.There should be a Gate agent when you land in ATL at the top of the jetway to direct you to the gate of your next flight.Also a lot of Airlines have the Ability to check in and print boarding passes as well as up to date flight and gate info on the web.Sounds like possibly Airtran to me.WWW.airtran.com
7 :
If it's all the same ticket (which it is almost 100% of the time) you just need to check in for both flights at Memphis. Ask to be sure at the ticket counter when you check in. You will need to check in at Washington for your return flight. I recommend, for your first flight, arriving an extra half hour or hour ahead of the recommended time at the airport. Sure, you'll probably be waiting a little longer and get bored--but believe me "bored" is better than "stressed" !
8 :
as long as you are traveling on the same airline, you should be fine. Skip the long checkin lines and check in online. You can always do the bag drop (shorter line) if you need to check bags. This way you print all the boarding passes and you are checked in in Advance.. YAY!

Search News