Monday, December 7, 2009

A person fly from Manila to Guam, then to Honolu, then to Memphis, where would they go through US Customs

A person fly from Manila to Guam, then to Honolu, then to Memphis, where would they go through US Customs?
a person flying on Continental Airlines is going to Memphis TN. the flight goes from Manila to Guam, Change planes in Guyam them to Honolulu, the to Dallas, change planes in Dallas. Where would they go through US Customs, Guam ? Honolulo ? or Dallas
Philippines - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe it's Guam.
2 :
Seattle is the best port of entry. Too many people who think like us in Guam and Honolulu. Be sure to eat barbeque at Corky's.
3 :
PAL only stops in Guam to refuel,,,,, I would guess Honolulu.
4 :
NORTH KOREA
5 :
That is the same route I took from Vietnam in 68 PAN AM Airline. Re fuel in Guam then, Custom inspection was in Honolulu and my final destination is San Francisco, CA.
6 :
Depends as they might share flight codes with other airlines ie part of the flight is with Malaysian. If at any stage they have to pick up their luggage before their final destination then they will have to go through Customs. Check with Airline for the correct information
7 :
I believe you would clear customs in Guam. The Guam-Honolulu flight would be a domestic flight.
8 :
Anytime you put your feet on American soil you will have to go through Customs.
9 :
I believe Patricia is correct. And Scottie is right. Guam is already part of the US (even though not part of the mainland and so far away from it) so that's where will most likely have to go through customs. My experience though is that I haven't been to Guam yet, I have flew to the US via Hawaii and we went through customs in Honolulu, the flight from Hawaii to the US Mainland is of course a domestic flight, so no need to go through customs.
10 :
Honolulu. You will be "pre-screened" in Guam.
11 :
I just flew that same route in June- Manila-Guam-Honolulu-Houston. You get "pre-screened" in Guam and then go through customs in Hawaii. It is a real annoyance, until I started thinking about it. Your body absorbs a lot of radiation in high altitude. Dipping down to land again and again has several bonuses. You do not absorb nearly as much radiation and you get to get off the plane and stretch your legs- quite a bit. I bought and mailed some postcards in Guam (not much else to do there- no wifi). I have flown direct before, Manila- LAX- and my feet swelled quite a bit sitting for 16 hours. I kind of like the multiple stops. You get a little view of Hawaii when you land there- as you go completely out of the airport- then re-enter for boarding security checks again. It isn't a bad deal. Continental has better customer service than American- for sure. I am going to opt for multiple stops for my next trip- April.
12 :
Not Guam. You will clear in Honolulu.

Search News