Tuesday, December 14, 2010

how much Valium should i take for a plane ride

how much Valium should i take for a plane ride?
I'm 18 years old and i weigh 130 and my Dr told me take one last nite to see if i have any side effects.i did not have any side effects. i could not tell if it was working last nite i felt the same should i take two for my plane ride because I'm really afraid of the plane ride and i just want to sleep thought the plane ride its a 4 hour flight from lax to Memphis and valium is 5 mg
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Go ahead. Being drowsy would be much better than being in pain.
2 :
Careful! All drugs are stronger taken during a flight. The same dosage on the ground is much more potent in the air. I'm a former Flight Attendant and I had quite a few passed out passengers on my flights, all of which were somehow drug related, and not illegal either! They drank a little wine with dinner and didn't know that it would mix badly with their blood pressure medications, etc. I've had trouble waking some (but they were okay). I'm not even sure that Valium is a good choice for flying. You may do better with something specifically for anxiety. Knocking yourself out may not be the best idea. You may want to see a psychiatrist to get more insight and perhaps a more precise medication. Flying is very safe and most fears are control-based, not because you actually feel danger. Just talking about it might help. Good luck and hope the flight goes smoothly.
3 :
The above answer is very good except for the fact that valium is an anti-anxiety drug with the side effect of drowsiness for most people who don't use the drug on a regular basis. The effectiveness of the drug also depends on whether you take the drug on a full or empty stomach and how often you use the drug. To get the benefits you're looking for, you should take the drug at least two hours after your last meal. 10 mg is a common dosage, but how it affects a person will vary depending on the person. On a four hour flight, you may have a difficult time waking up at your destination if you take 10 mg, but that may be also be true for 5 mg for some people. I'm not a doctor or pharmacist so I don't think I'm the one to tell you how much to take, but I do know from experience that those type of drugs work much better on an empty stomach. Good luck.

Search News