Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Changing planes in Memphis

Changing planes in Memphis?
I have a flight booked at the end of April with Northwest Airlines from Seattle to Orlando that involves changing planes in Memphis. The scheduled stopover time is 48mins. I figured if NWA is giving me this as an itinerary option then this must be plenty of time to change planes, but when I told a friend of mine about my flight she said that will be cutting it very close. Should I be worried?
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No problem in Memphis. The Memphis terminal is "Y" shaped with a cutoff between the two outgoing terminals. Assuming that your flight from Seattle is on time, you have plenty of time. As you de-plane ask the NWA guy standing there with the clipboard which direction your new gate is.
2 :
I've changed planes in Memphis and had 2 hours....well enough time. However I had 48 min to change planes in chicago, which was cutting it tight in general cause it's a big airport....but then our flight took off 30 min late and we had to fly around a storm....we ended up running to catch our next flight.....so in general I think you should be ok, however if their are any delays you don't have much flexability.....
3 :
Nope! 48 minutes is plenty of time to connect in Memphis. The airport is pretty compact unlike ORD, ATL or DFW. I have had connections that were close to 30 minutes and made them easily.
4 :
Memphis is a pretty small airport. 48 minutes gives you more than enough time to get between any two NWA gates. While you are there, you can get some Corky's BBQ to take on your connecting flight. That's about the only good thing in MEM.

Search News